Download LapLock™ PSU HT Installation Instructions
LapLock™ PSU HT should be sheltered from the elements, stored at room temperature, upright in a dry and properly ventilated location. Keep LapLock™ PSU HT away from all flames, sparks and volatile substances.
For slopes 2:12 and greater
- Install LapLock™ PSU HT horizontally (parallel) to the eave using 3” horizontal laps and 6” vertical laps as per Diagram A.
For slopes ½:12 to 2:12
- Install LapLock™ PSU HT horizontally (parallel) to the eave using 18” horizontal laps and 6” vertical laps as per Diagram B.
Required modification for installation under metal roof systems with slopes ½:12 to 2:12
Vertical end laps must be a minimum of 6 inches wide and 3 feet apart from the course above and below. ASTM D4586 compliant roof cement should be applied 6 inches wide at all underlying vertical end laps with the overlying vertical end lap set into the roof cement. Apply firm pressure over the entire vertical end lap with a weighted roller.
- Install LapLock™ PSU HT horizontally (parallel) to the eave using 3” horizontal laps and 6” vertical laps.
- Optimal results are achieved when Installed in temperature’s over 40°F (4.4°C). For temperatures below 40°F (4.4°C) a primer and 3/8” head roofing nails should be used in the overlap area.
- Start installation from the lowest point to the highest point of the roof. Apply LapLock™ PSU HT in valleys before applying it to the eaves.
- For maximum ice dam protection, we recommend installing LapLock™ PSU HT 24” (minimum) past the interior wall from the eave. Consult your local building code/authority for specific regional requirements.
- Repair all holes, including fasteners that have been removed, damage and tears to the membrane with a round patch of membrane extending past the damaged area by 6” in all directions.
- For high wind or wind-driven rain protection it is recommended to cover the entire roof deck.
- Apply firm pressure with a weighted roller over all laps for optimal sealing.
- For best results, final roof covering should be applied as soon as possible. LapLock™ PSU HT is not designed for exposure longer than 180 days.
Roofers should make sure to always follow safe roofing practices and OSHA safety requirements. Roofers should always use and wear fall protection devices when working on roofs. Some of the examples are toe boards, rope, harnesses and rubber-soled footwear. Safety glasses should always be worn when cutting the roof with a power tool. Wear gloves when installing to avoid cuts and abrasions.
Use caution when walking or standing on LapLock™ in wet, icy and/or dusty conditions that may reduce traction. Failure to use proper safety gear and footwear can result in serious injury.